Jubilee Of January



Throughout the month of January I have come across some new products, clothing, and fantastic talent. Some of these items I have been using for years and are just of value in my life. Most of these products are subject to men, however ladies will be able to find use in them as well. I will be linking all of the products so that if you want to try it or if you are interested in learning more about them, you can!


Lush Lip Scrub

1. Mint Julips Lush Lip Scrub

This is a not-so-new product to me. I have been using the Lush Lip Scrubs for quite some time now, however, I did just start using it again recently. With the cold and bitter winter in Massachusetts my skin got dry and crackled and my lips started peeling off without the moisture in the air.

I am all about manscaping and looking fresh at all times. This product is one of the better lip scrubs I have used and although it is a little more expensive, Lush does make high quality products with a lot of value. Mint Julips is a vegan lip product that exfoliates your lips to flake off all your unwanted dry skin. It is made up of natural ingredients and safe synthetics including castor sugar, jojoba oil, vanilla, tagetes oil, peppermint oil, and limonene flavoring.

It is very aromatherapeutic while it soothes and moisturizes the lips. If you aren't super into having a minty taste on your lips they make more lip scrub flavors such as bubblegum, chocolate, honey, etc. My favorite part about Mint Julips is that it is named after a southern alcoholic drink called the Mint Julep. We all know that I love whit and humor; I think changing julep to julip (because it is for your lips) is absolutely iconic. AND did I mention it's edible.


2. Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

So, I was not always a huge Lady G fan and it is really rare that she comes out with a song that I like. Plot twist: I think the song Shallow is amazing and I LOVE it. Throughout time Lady Gaga has evolved into this amazing, talented performer and she really impresses me. In Shallow you can hear her true raw voice which you could never here with her techno 
and digitalized older songs.


Another note on this song is WHO THE HECK KNEW BRADLEY COOPER COULD SING. I know Bradley is a great and talented actor, but before this song I had no clue your boy got a voice.

And for those of you who do not know what the song is about, it is from the movie A Star Is Born, which I have not seen but heard it was lovely. The song is more so about a metaphorically presented idea of leaving the shallow end of a swimming pool and diving into the deep end. The whole point of the song is to be safe from the world; World being the shallow end. It's definitely a different concept, but different is good. To listen to the song click here!


Banana Republic Men's Mock-Neck
3. Banana Republic Cable-Knit Mock-Neck Sweater

I am the biggest advocate for new things to wear and different ways to make an outfit have a mind of it's own. I have worked in retail for nearly seven years and I cannot get away from it. Essentially clothes are my life, which my wallet doesn't love.

If I had to pick an article of clothing that I like the most it has to be sweaters, but more specifically turtle-neck sweaters. It is one of those weird addiction things that I have to purchase any men's turtle-neck sweater in sight.

This sweater specifically is a mock-neck AND a cable-kint... for men... YOU NEVER SEE THOSE. This sweater was by far the best purchase of January. It is a wool and Italian yarn blend with soft bristles and did I mention it's eco-friendly. Get it while it lasts because it is on a promotion!
4.Essential Oils


You know, sometimes life gets hard and stressful. We all just need to take a minute and smell the roses. That is exactly what I do, sort of.

I have been recently really stressed and I just didn't think that was fair of me to do to myself. I have all these essential oils from a bunch of different brand names (probably most from Target). It is just nice to take a second out of the day, put some lavender essential oil on my arm, and breath it in. It is like a fresh breeze at a lavender farm and it reminds me that IT IS GOING TO BE OK.

Essential oils are so user friendly and can be put in so many different devices and on so many different objects. I typically just put it on my skin or in my facial hair (especially with the dry winter weather it moisturizes, so it's a win win), sometimes I put it on my pillow before bed, or you can use a diffusor for your room to smell nice.

Old Spice Spiffy Pomade
5. Old Spicy Spiffy Pomade

Recently, I cut my hair shorter than I have had it this past year. My hair is still on the longer side but it does need a little TLC each day now.

I have been using Old Spice products for the past three years now and it is an awesome brand. Their deodorants have so many options with a plethora of scents that will work for just about anyone.

This product in particular has saved many bad hair days and will keep doing the job for many to come. This isn't a vegan or eco-friendly product like the other products, but it does a job well done. 

I used the pomade when I had longer locks to hold my curly hair into place when I didn't have it tied up. It would never make my hair hard, but soft and it has a matte finish so it never looks greasy. Now I use it to actually style my hair and to keep everything where it is supposed to be.


Re-purposed Louis Vuitton Watch Strap
6. Louis Vuitton x Apple Watch Strap

I am a person who will spend extra money for a quality products. I would rather put more money into my purchases if I know it will last me longer. My Apple watch turned one year old this past Christmas and I had only had the one watch strap that it came with.

On New Years Eve I was with a group of friends and one of them was wearing this wicked nice Louis watch strap. I was stunned because I did not know that Louis made Apple watch straps. It turns out that they do not, however, there is an Etsy store that takes older Louis Vuitton purses and cuts them up (shameful) to re-purpose them into watch bands. WHY DIDN'T I THINK TO DO THIS.

Impulsively, I ordered a watch strap and it finally came in the mail. It is one of the most innovative and comfortable items that has ever been on my wrist. I recommend 10/10. It also makes me feel good considering it is a recycled product and I am all about reduce, reuse, and recycle. If you are somewhat interested in these watch straps don't hesitate. They are very reasonably priced and the shop on Etsy usually has a discount.

7. You Series on Netflix

This newer Netflix series You has been raved about by multiple of friends and family. I didn't really understand the whole concept of it to be quite honest: A man is just stalking a girl. 

It actually made me wonder what is wrong with everyone I know because it goes to show you what a crazy world we actually live in and that it could just as well be YOU that is getting stalked.

After my rant I can tell you I finally watched the show and oh man, I liked it very much so. Look at the actor on the picture I added; He is literally staring at my while I type this post saying "I knew you would like my show, bitch."

Any who, I refuse to give the show away and tell you everything I know about it, however, if you do have a Netflix subscription I would give it a watch. 




The last thing I want to touch on for this post isn't in collaboration with the rest of what I talked about but important enough to bring up. What is up with the egg:



The picture of this egg was in competition with Kylie Jenner for the most liked instagram picture in history. The idea of it is a little iconic and I cannot believe that millions of people liked a picture of an egg. On the other hand, I was a huge supporter and liked the picture... why am I like this. Who ever thought of this was genius and I give major props to him or her for doing something we do all do everyday: post pictures.

Just a reminder that none of the items above here were promotional opportunities; I actually use, wear, listen, and watch everything that I talked about on this post.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed hearing about my monthly favorites for January. If you have products or interests that you discovered this past month please share it in the comments; I would love to hear about them. 

//Probably Rob



None of the mentioned above are promotional opportunities

Comments

Popular Posts